Hawaii Ocean Swimming Events
2015 Swim Schedule
Race entry forms may be downloaded from our website. The links for the forms are next to the race description. Make sure to fill out all of the form fields and SIGN the application. Mail the completed form and a check in the appropriate amount to the address on the form. Please notice the early registration date; late entries will be subject to a late fee.
International applicants should fill out the entry application, scan and email the form to the Race Director. When you arrive for the race, you will need sign the application and pay for the race in US dollars.
Many races can also be entered online through Active.com. Links for Active entries are included in the table, below, when available.
Please note that the Race Schedule is subject to change. Questions about Ocean Races? E-mail the Race Director
|Jan 11||Sun||Magic Island Biathlon – results: (individual overall) (individual age group) (teams)|
|Feb 15||Sun||Valentine's Day Biathlon – enter: (PDF)
Course map: (PDF)
Early entry closes 6 pm Feb 6, 2015 HST
|Apr 11||Sat||Fin Swim at Ala Moana Beach Park
enter: (coming soon)
|27th Annual 2015 North Shore Swim Series
Five Race Series Spanning Oahu's Famous North Shore
⇒ The 7-Mile Miracle ⇐
Enter Individual Races or Series via PDF form or Active.com
|Jun 13||Sat||Aloha Salads Summer Sprint (1 mile) |
|Jun 27||Sat||Cholo's Waimea Bay Swim (1.2 miles)
|Jul 11||Sat||JACO Chun's to Waimea (1.6 miles)
|Jul 25||Sat||Laniakea to Pua'ena Point (1.9 miles)
|Aug 8||Sat||Jamba Juice North Shore Challenge (2.3 miles)
|Sep 5||Sat||Waikiki Roughwater Swim (website)
NOTE: Race is on Saturday, not Labor Day, due to possible box jellyfish on Monday
Key Links for Races:
- Timeline Hawaii - Schedules & Race Results
- Active.com - Online race entry
- Ocean Racing Training Programs (PDF, 1.5MB)
2015 Box Jellyfish Days: (~8-11 days after full moon)
Note that these dates are estimates; check with lifeguards for current status.
1st day of influx is usually on the 8th or 9th day after the full moon, lasting 2 or 3 days. Exact arrival timing and magnitude vary month to month.
Jan 12-15, Feb 11-14, Mar 13-16, Apr 12-15, May 11-14, Jun 10-13, Jul 9-12, Aug 8-11, Sep 6-9, Oct 5-8, Nov 4-7, Dec 3-6
The Annual Humu Cup
- The Humu Cup is awarded to a WSC member, 18 or older (masters), who achieves the most points over course of the year.
- Jr. Humu Cup is open to all junior swimmers (WSC membership not required), 17 and below, using the same criteria as masters.
2013 Humu Cup Awards
2012 Humu Cup Awards
2011 Humu Cup Awards
2010 Humu Cup Awards
2009 Humu Cup Awards
2008 Humu Cup Awards
Points are awarded for the following 13 events:
- Magic Island Biathlon
- Valentine's Day Biathlon
- Christmas Biathlon
- Fin Swim, Popoia Swim, Duke's Swim
- North Shore Swim Series (all 5 races)
- Waikiki Rough Water Swim
- Double Rough Water (Dec)
Points are earned as follows:
- Individual events; 1st 10; 2nd 9; 3rd 8; 4th or higher 7
- Team events; 1st 5; 2nd 4; 3rd or higher 3
- Top 3 Overall winners get 1st place points
- Masters may earn up to 10 points for WSC race assistance